Browse DFM NEWS Archives
- Work to reopen I-495 bridge remains on track
- Task force begins work to address First State teacher compensation
- State Fair numbers improve thanks to great weather, strong concerts
- Forum delves into debate over corporate transparency
- State Auditor’s report cites record-keeping issues with out-of-state travel by state officials
- Despite Progress Of LGBT Rights In U.S., Challenges Remain Abroad
- 'Africa Is Champion': Reporting From A Changing Continent
- Playing 'Crazy Eyes' Taught Actress 'It's OK To Be Just You'
- Ghanaian Rapper Hopes To Take His 'Afropolitan Dreams' Back Home
- Mexican Journalist Hopes His Reporting Can 'Bridge The Gap'
Tag Archives: DCRAC
Foreclosures are expected to continue to pressure home prices, despite a moratorium in New Castle County on selling properties at sheriff’s sale for back taxes. Still, the moratorium created by New Castle County Executive Paul Clark's executive order earlier this month, and Clark's proposed amnesty ordinance that would waive the penalties on back property taxes that are paid in full by the end of May, offer hope for a small and especially vulnerable group of homeowners, said Carlos Herrera, housing clinic director for the Delaware Community Reinvestment Action Council (DCRAC). Delaware is among the top 10 states in foreclosure rates, according to RealtyTrac, a California-based mortgage analyst. ...More